How to help
There are several ways you can help the children of Nepal who are living in great deprivation and insecurity. Every little money you provide can go a long way in rescuing these children from extreme conditions; giving them freedom, a secure home, health care, education and a life of dignity.
Every dollar you give will go far:
- $100 can pay the annual school expenses of a child living in a village.
- $100 rescues a little girl from bonded servitude, returns her to her family, and gives the family a piglet or goat.
- $340 covers the cost of restoring the health of a severely malnourished child and educating the mother in proper nutrition.
- $750 puts a bright young adult in college for a year.
- It is possible to sponsor a child in Boarding School or at J or K House. Sponsors receive letters from the child, photographs, and update letters from FNC staff.
- Psychological issue is still a great social taboo in the Nepalese society but we have evidence that children are extremely vulnerable in this regard and need help. You can provide financial assistance to the Ankur Counseling Center in its effort to create awareness and child friendly environment in schools, homes and the community through training, orientation and workshops. Please see the Center’s own site for more information.
- You can support the cost of supporting innocent children living with HIV/AIDS. Please see the Center’s own site for more information.
- You can sponsor the Nutritional Outreach Camps we frequently conduct in the rural villages of Nepal.
Please contact us for more details on how you can collaborate with us to meet the organization’s goal.