Who We Are
Friends of Needy Children (FNC) is a child-focused non-profit organization registered in Lalitpur District of Nepal (Registration No. 702053054) and affiliated with Nepal’s Social Welfare Council (Affiliation No. 5050) that works to secure the rights and ensure the welfare of Nepal’s most disadvantaged children and young people. We believe in empowering children by providing appropriate services and opportunities where necessary to help create a more just society. Since Friends of Needy Children began in 1996, we have directly influenced the lives of over 16,000 children.
Areas of Focus
- Child Protection
- Vocational Training and Career Counseling
- Psychosocial Counseling and Therapy
*We incorporate education and awareness in all of our services to make our impact sustainable.
- Protect and improve the quality of life of children at risk.
- Increase access of less privileged children and youth to educational and livelihood opportunities.
- Restore and improve the health of children and youth in critical health conditions.
- Provide emotional support and guidance through psychological as well as career counseling.
- We believe that all people, regardless of gender, disability, age or other differences , have rights that must be respected and honored in our daily work.
- We believe that we can best serve the needs of the beneficiaries if we are transparent in all of our dealings, accountable to all stakeholders, work hard, and act with integrity, preserving the rights and confidentiality of those we work with, and those we work for.
- We believe that the needs of all of our staff and beneficiaries will be best met when we work as a team, creating an environment that is secure and focused on the best interests of the beneficiaries. We believe that this will be achieved if we are empathetic, unbiased, flexible, and create a sense of belonging.
Read more about the Organization and its Board here